Re: New 070 Credits / LID rant

Jerry N9AVY

Amen, Joe !

jerry

From: "Joseph Miller kj8o.ham@... [070]" <070@...>
To: 070@...
Sent: Sunday, May 24, 2015 4:03 PM
Subject: Re: [070] New 070 Credits / LID rant

It is really sad that those who cry and whine the loudest about contesters​ probably never gave a thought that many of the advances in antenna design, radio design, you name it came from the contesters who wanted/demanded better performance from their equipment. I am not the biggest contester out there, but I do enjoy my Icom 7410 with it's twin pass band filters, 9 levels of audio filters going all the way to 250, and I can make it even smaller if I also use the notch filter. I could go on all afternoon. Granted there are a lot of radios better than mine, but what incentive is there for the equipment manufacturers to make better equipment if the anti-contest CB's (cty babies) have their way.

The WARC bands have been around since 1979, and half of them don't even know about it...

/rant mode off/

My 2 cents

73 de Joe KJ8O 1244

On Sun, May 24, 2015 at 4:52 PM, 'John Etling' john@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Am aware of the LONP credit. Am wondering if they will count towards TDW, - seems to me if they were approved and have a valid 070 number then they should count – otherwise what’s the purpose of getting new members, allowing them to participate then tell them their contacts do not count on either end? Would make for a fast exodus of members me thinks.  The three I made were in the 2050 membership series. I’m not much of a contester and usually do not partake in them much but decided to try and did… OK, mainly on 20m as all the other bands were not real cooperative. Hate to think I’m gonna lose TDW credit on 3 calls just because they are too new to participate, and frankly, I am not aware of what “too new” a call would be since I do not keep up with that. They have a 070 number, I figure it is a good points contact.

As for the whining idiot LID in Texas, I have heard him on/off all day whining and crying about us contesters. I say join in and quit whining. MAYBE he might be able to make a few new contacts instead of the few that will put up with his grouchy ass.

Luckily I have avoided him. He did call me, with me clearly calling CQ-070 TDW, and recognizing his call figured he wanted to further inflict his filth so I decided to ignore him to spare listening to his rant and his hatefulness towards any contest. I can see him sitting on the local 2M repeater and telling anyone who is not a regular to get lost, never come back and “I hate your guts”….

73 de K3JAE

--
VY 73 de
Joe, KJ8O