Re: CU2AP

K8TOM

Ray,

I second that suggestion.  The KK7UQ IMD meter is probably the "best" little accessory I have in the ham shack and gets daily real-time use.  Just a glance at the digital readout and you KNOW what is coming off your antenna.  I had to thing about ponying up the price at the time, but I have never regretted it.

Also, my meter runs off AA battery mode as well as the wall wart.  That allows you to take it on portable ops as well.  I don't know how long the battery lasts, since I generally use it plugged in, and haven't needed to replace the battery yet-I've only had it seven years, HI.

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 2:23 AM, 'Ray Clements' r.clements@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Jim K5SP

If you are really serious about PSK and you want to be certain you have a clean signal, consider getting a IMD meter designed by kk7uq. To learn more about the meter Google IMD meter or kk7uq.

It is no longer being produced commercially, but I got mine a few months ago from Jim Nuytens, N3JJA at jim.kj3n@....   If you are interested in one, contact Jim at the email address provided and see if he still is making them. I got mine about six months ago for about $140.

The meter is a stand-alone wide-band HF receiver that samples your transmitted signal as radiated by your antenna. It calculates the IMD for both PSK31 and PSK63 (not PSK125). It can also be used as a field strength meter. When used in IMD mode, it calculates the width of your signal as you transmit and outputs the measured IMD. If your signal is too wide, it will beep and flash a red light. It is powered by a small wallwart, so I just leave mine plugged in and ready to go.

Ray N9RWC
070# 1793

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 12:40:21 -0800

:-)

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 12:20:56 -0800

Very true. That's why I call CQ a  lot.    But now you've given out the best kept secret in ham radio !  :-)

jerry n9avy

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:43:51 -0800

I was on 15m and it was wide open to Europe for me.  Hadn’t seen that before.

Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:31 AM
To: 070@...

Well 10 was open for a while to South Africa, Brazil, Azores, and others but closed here now, not seeing any traces in the waterfall.

Jim K5SP