Re: CU2AP

Jerry N9AVY

N2MLP might try turning off his NB as that has been a problem with some rigs.  I called someone out on that one and later found out if I turned off NB the signal wasn't wide.  Don't know what causes that, but it was a solution.  Weird.

Jerry  N9AVY

From: "Jim Innis jinnis@... [070]" <070@...>
To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: [070] CU2AP

Got a call from N2MLP saying my signal is wide and messing up the band.  Also talked to KE4JB about my signal.  He says it is fine in New York.
However N2MLP insists it is wide,  I am running 35 watts into a Gap Titan DX on 28120 with low SWR.  No ALC showing, and processor is off.  I see no reason for
my signal to be wide except for the nature of propagation.

Please if anyone else see my signal and thinks it is wide or dirty let me know so I can further investigate.

Jim K5SP

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 12:40:21 -0800

:-)

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 12:20:56 -0800

Very true. That's why I call CQ a  lot.    But now you've given out the best kept secret in ham radio !  :-)

jerry n9avy

From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:43:51 -0800

I was on 15m and it was wide open to Europe for me.  Hadn’t seen that before.

Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:31 AM
To: 070@...

Well 10 was open for a while to South Africa, Brazil, Azores, and others but closed here now, not seeing any traces in the waterfall.

Jim K5SP