Re: CU2AP

Jerry N9AVY

Very true. That's why I call CQ a  lot.    But now you've given out the best kept secret in ham radio !  :-)

jerry n9avy

From: "Bill Garwood n4gbk@... [070]" <070@...>
To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:14 PM
Subject: RE: [070] CU2AP

"Not seeing any traces on the waterfall".  10 meters is interesting at times.  Called CQ a few minutes ago on a "dead" band and worked D3AM in Angola.  You may want to give a couple of CQs on the dead band once in a while.  This is how I got Thailand and Easter Island last year on PSK31.  Some of the rarer DX stations will not call CQ but will answer yours then they will again disappear before the pileup piles up.

Have fun!

73,

Bill N4GBK  #1688

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 11:43:51 -0800

I was on 15m and it was wide open to Europe for me.  Hadn’t seen that before.

Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:31 AM
To: 070@...

Well 10 was open for a while to South Africa, Brazil, Azores, and others but closed here now, not seeing any traces in the waterfall.

Jim K5SP