Miscellaneous Ramblings

Bill Garwood

Happy New Year Y'all!

I am glad the W1AW portables are finished.  It was fun.  Disappointed that not all states were active with PSK31 each time around and wish the PSK ops were using more HF bands.

Ready to start on the 2015 awards!

Looking forward to the PSKFest.  It is hard for me to do 24 hours all at once but I'll give it a try.  I have a TV in the shack so I'll be able to see the Panthers/Cardinals game on Saturday afternoon.

Yesterday, I called CQ and LM1814 came back to my call.  What is LM1814 I thought?? Sounds like an Integrated Circuit part number.  I have never worked a station that did not have a suffix in the call sign.  Looked them up and they are legit special event call from Norway.  Anyone else worked any stations that do not have a suffix?  Many years ago, I heard JY1 on the air in SSB but did not work him.  (King Hussein(SK) from Jordan.)

Worked 3 stations in December that said I was the first QSO they had on PSK31.  Another said I was the second one and another one that said I was the first contact on 40 meters.  Two more this past week said Santa brought them a Signalink and they were getting up to speed on PSK31.  Tried to get them interested in the 070 Club.  A thought, how about some kind of card that could be included in the envelope with a paper QSL card to a prospective member?  I get a lot of paper cards via direct mail and could send them an 070 Club membership promo card in return along with my card.  Any ideas or suggestions?

Finally, here's some stuff I cut and pasted from various PSK31 QSOs in 2014.  Some are humorous and others might be of interest to someone.

Your report is 599 good quality and about 90 pct copy.  (If it is 599, should it not be 100% copy?--hi hi)

dr OP Bill it has been a  blader to have a QSO with You in PSK31 12m Band

cq cq de xx0xxx  xx0xxx  xx0xxx  cq cq de xx0xxx

THE RADIO IS FRIENDSHIP

Thank you for this PSK31 QSO on 1km.

Nice to meet you.  Pup wags his tail for you.

CQ CQ de <my:Callsign>

IT WASH A PLEASURE TO WORK WHITE YOU BYE BYE  (might have been on laundry day?)

Report : 509 509 (is that an exceptionally good signal or a very bad one?)

thanks for this BPSK-31 QSO on 40m, good DX in 2007.  (logged on 10/8/2014)

IX/HB9FAX/AO/M (hard to get all of this into the log - I hope he made it home safely)

TURN YOUR MIC GAIN DOWN, TURN YOUR POWER DOWN...TURN EVERYTHING DOWN!!!!! (not to me)

CQ CQ DX  de PSE K

cq dx cq dx cq dx -- ONLY DX over 9000 km (7000 mis)

bio report 599

BEST WHISHERS YOU and YOUR FAMELY.

My name is    and my qth is ..Grid loc FJ26HD .....in this moment I transmit with approximately 10 Watt

I HOPE TO SEE YOU AGN IN OTHER MOMENT IN THIS FRECUENCY

BYE BYE HOOP TO MEET AGAN

Tks for replay to my Call , dear Bill

BYE BYE AUF WIEDERSEHEN SAYONARA POKA POKA  DSW ZÀIJIÀN CIAO SERVUS  HA DET!   HA DET BRA! HASTA LA VISTA CHAU CHAU  AU REVOIR  SPASIBO GOOD DX AND GOOD LUCK  (this was all together in one QSO)

I'll start a new list right away for 2015....Happy Radio and my pup is wagging his tail!  Have fun...

Bill N4GBK