Well, I’ve just been on 30 for only about 20 minutes and already have worked about 5 or 6 people and there are more there but I have to take a break already and walk the dog!! so 30 is doing rather well here.

I’m running a Zero Five 27’  Vertical   and seems to be doing very well on 30 right now.  Worked AL, OK, NY and even saw 2 German stations but light copy on them.  I should have tried to call one of them I guess.  Also hearing FL and MS stations.

Dan Morris   KZ3T   070-1065

On Dec 22, 2014, at 4:56 PM, 'Ray Clements' r.clements@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

Jerry's antenna is an example of one designed specifically to work on 30 meters. Being able to work 17m and 12m is a bonus.

There are a lot of antennas with traps, but few of them are trapped for 30 meters.

Ray N9RWC

------ Original Message ------
From: "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...>
To: "070@..." <070@...>
Subject: Re: [070] EURAO Party 30M

I have a Cushcraft D3 which is a rotatable dipole for 12/17/30m. It works well on 30m, but I would caution folks not to try it on 40m because that will damage traps.

Jerry  n9avy

From: "Bill Garwood n4gbk@... [070]" <070@...>
To: "070@..." <070@...>

Hey y'all,

I spent a lot of time over the weekend calling CQ on 30 meters.  Worked 9 stations total, one was PSK63.  Not much PSK31 activity but the band did seem to have a lot of digital activity with other modes.  One pleasant surprise..called CQ and CN8VX came back with a solid 599 from Morocco.  New country for 30 meters.

I would think that 30 meters should be open to somewhere just about all of the time.   Not sure why there is not more activity on this band.  No antennas?

Happy Radio!

Bill N4GBK

To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 11:08:57 -0500

Good Morning Ted did you actually see any EURAQ stations _ Looked at 30 several timres over the weekend but it seemed mainly dead in NY.
John
KE4JB

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 6:44 PM, Ted pegduck56@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

starts in 15 min or so