To: 070@...
From: 070@...
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2014 16:58:36 -0800
Subject: Re: [070] PSK activity by year

Totally agree with Ted and John ....

Jerry  N9AVY

From: "Ted pegduck56@... [070]" <070@...>
To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Friday, December 5, 2014 6:47 PM

John is spot on...

pick any band, anytime (except for 6m) look for psk, then look at JT65...double-triple the stations seen ...JT65 is pretty impersonal, but you can log a lot of DX and other contacts if you are chasing paper.

Remember, new operators likely are from the 'instant gratification' generation.

I find it easy to walk both sides of the street. I have learned which bands and times for my area work best and the log grows..

73 and Merry Christmas
Ted

On Friday, December 5, 2014 4:15 PM, "David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Might immediate thoughts were also JT65/JT9 and general band conditions...

Are these kind of general numbers available on hamspots, pskreport, eqsl, clublog, hrdlog.net, etc?   Anyone able to take a look and report here?   The endorsement checker data is obviously just a specifical small subset of PSK activity, so would be interesting to see if more general data sets show the same trends.

--david
KJ4IZW

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 7:02 PM, Paul Milward nu4c@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

I've read all the replies and agree. Things change, new exciting modes appear, operating patterns change, etc. But one thing I noticed appears to have a physical basis. Graph PSK activity by year and compare it to the current solar cycle. Is it just me?
73 nu4c

On Friday, December 5, 2014 3:25 PM, "Robert Johnstone shopr3@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

New modes such as JT65 ? also the demographics of the baby boom have hit our local club to the point we may not do field day as a club this year as most members can't camp in 98+degree wx and prefer the comforts of the home shack. I encourage them to fire up their generators or solar and work as 1 Es to help those that still can. At Field day, We operated half the stations in 2014 compared to 2013. Robert kd0fip 1396