Re: Letter from the Manager

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Ted — Then I’m waaaayyy behind.  I received my Zero Five vertical two weeks ago and only just got it out of the box last week.  But then we went on a mini vacation for granddaughters graduation.   I still need to cut the radials to the correct length and then get them on the radial plate; dig the hole for the mast, put the antenna together and then bury the coax and radials.   I’d like to say all in one week but the way I’m going it will be at least 2 more weeks.

And then I hope I’ve got everything the way it should be and get back on the air after a year and a half hiatus!

Dan Morris   KZ3T   070-1065

On Jun 11, 2014, at 12:53 PM, Ted pegduck56@... [070] <070@...> wrote:

and remember, David, it is a well known fact that after a big interstate move, you should be unpacked and everything in place in no more than 2 weeks. Then it should take no more than 5 days (6 if you are working full time) to get antennae up and the shack wired. So, we expect to see you on the air by July 4th !

GL and 73, Ted
K7TRK

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 4:35 AM, "David Westbrook dwestbrook@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

now you guys know (in part) why i keep saying "wait until fall" on the endorsement stuff! :)

Jeannie -- You still have a chance to finish moving before me;  We "moved" over memorial day, but that was having the movers pack everything up, and then we (me+xyl+kid+dog) drove up ... now we're in a long-term hotel for another month before closing on a new house -- THEN the fun starts when the movers bring everythign over from storage! :)   So i'm using this hotel down time to crank away on this stuff  ...

I brought most of shack equipment with me (thanks to APE incentive a few years ago, I made go-box for HF base station -- info on my qrz.com page) ... haven't set it up though,  but the hotel is a 2-bedroom loft, so night vaulted ceiling so hamstick (have a 17, 20 & 40) could go in the corner......

Or even finish off his own award :-)

ha!  yeah, i gotta knock that out!   Just have Sat 3am and Mon 4,5am local left ... tough ones.
  oooh -- there's a new 168-er!!

73!
--david
kj4izw