I think any endorsement that does not involve getting in there and working your radio, skills and setup are just not of interedt to me, nor do I think that promotes the Group.
73, Ted
K7TRK

On Tuesday, June 10, 2014 4:25 PM, "Jerry n9avy@... [070]" <070@...> wrote:

Guess I have to agree with Steve & Milt. What 070 needs is something totally different from the run-of-the-mill awards of other organizations.

I got a kick out of the "Worked All Italian ZIP Codes Award" (PSK31 endorsed, too !). Has anyone done a "Worked ALL USA Zip Codes" ? Probably be a monster to program and not a great idea ! But a thought probably brought on by eating heavy nightmare inducing food before bedtime. :-)

Subject: Re: Re: [070] Some thoughts ...
To: 070@...
Date: Tuesday, June 10, 2014, 5:48 PM

I totally
agree with Steve's take
on this. I'd like to see something else, not modeled
after the League's awards.
An entity count type award, solely based on a count, at this
point in my Dx'ing
career, seems boring. I don't have anything to suggest,
but I know with all the
collective minds in this group, something interesting will
turn up and evolve
into an award or series of awards worth
pursuing.
Something
to bear in mind when
thinking about DX'peditions and why very few do BPSK31,
is that the mode is
slow. They need QSO count. I've seen many more doing
BPSK63 than 31, and of
course most all will do RTTY if their time & schedule
will allow it. Plus
the power they're running on SSB, CW & RTTY vs what
we run with BPSK,
regardless of 31 or 63 is also a factor. We can't really
depend on the big buck
DX'peditions to run our mode.
Just my
$.02 worth.