Larry
WA7HDZ
# 404

On Saturday, April 5, 2014 7:19 PM, Jerry wrote:

Larry:

I believe you're thinking about 10-10 which is a different animal.

If everyone gave out their number (070), if it was required, there is no reason why they shouldn't have copied it and if they missed it, I think it would be reasonable to ask for a repeat. There have been times in other contests when I've asked for something repeated. The other station responded with correct data.  If I had submitted a log and any of required info was missing, the other station would have lost the points for the contact.

Jerry

From: Ld Rockne
To: "070@..." <070@...>
Sent: Saturday, April 5, 2014 9:11 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Member Number...

Virgil,

It's my understanding, and someone can correct me if I am wrong, but if you miss the number, or any other part of the exchange, it is not a valid contact.

However, if I am wrong on this, it may change my future scores. hiohi

Larry WA7HDZ #404
On Saturday, April 5, 2014 6:40 PM, David Westbrook wrote:

yes, that's correct -- east coast is -0400 for this contest ...
I just updated the labels on that timezone dropbox to be clearer (e.g. "East Coast: -0400") ...  I had slowly been updating all the contests like that, because otherwise there's always submissions that are off by an hour, or +0400 instead of -0400! :)

73!
--david
kj4izw

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 4:03 PM, Virgil H. Castleberry <kj4znk@...> wrote:

Hi David!  BTW, when I just submitted my log, I first did it as ET -5 and it puked on my 12-1 PM entries...I went back and changed it to a -4 offset, to account for DST...is this the proper procedure?

On 4/5/2014 3:58 PM, David Westbrook wrote:

Besides the 070 website, there's also lists for 070 and a bunch of other clubs on http://hamclubs.info/

73!
--david
KJ4IZW

On Sat, Apr 5, 2014 at 3:10 PM, Virgil H. Castleberry <kj4znk@...> wrote:

I missed a member number on one contact...is there a listing somewhere?
The contact does not have an email address in QRZ...