Re: 24 x 7 Finished

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Hey Jerry — Well, if it ever warms up and I figure out what antenna to get I hope to get on the air and play some (actually a lot of) catchup!!!   I’m still thinking of the Zero Five vertical from Tom in Ohio.  All the eHam reviews and others plus a few people I have talked to that have that vertical gives it a thumbs up plus 4.9 out of 5 and a 5 out of 5 reviews.  He must be doing something right with that vertical.     

I was going to get the 43’ vertical, however, since I work mostly 10 meters when the band is open I think I may get the 29 or 30 footer.   It’ll be a compromise for the lower bands but kind of middle of the road so I can work 10 thru 40.  I’ve never really worked 80M that much so I’m not so much worried about 80.  Between all the other bands I don’t think I’ll have much of a problem where I really need to get on 80 for much.    I’ve got a Cushcraft 10M vertical and if I can talk the wife into putting that one on the back of the house then I may do the 43’ vertical.   OR, I could get the 43’ vertical and just set it up at 30’ and work and if I get the 10M up then I could extend the Zero Five back to 43’.   Hmmmm, that might be an idea.

Anyway, nothing to do until I end up getting an antenna.   Sounds like you all are having a lot of fun and losing a bit of sleep in between!! hihi

Dan Morris   KZ3T

On Jan 26, 2014, at 1:19 PM, Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

Knew what problem was as soon as it happened, but wasn't about to run out in cold and dark to tighten up slack on rope.  

Was on this morning a bit and managed to help KD0FIP out with one slot. I'll try to help others who need spots filled when I can.

Jerry  N9AVY

To: 070@... 
Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2014 8:51 AM
Subject: Re: [070] 24 x 7 Finished

Excellent, Jerry!  I was afraid you'd have to delay a week because of the antenna problem.  I'm glad you were able to get your Saturday spots filled and finish it off.

Good job - congratulations!

Matt
KK4CPS

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 9:53 PM, Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

I'm done .  Got 'em all.  But I'm ready to help others who need slots filled.

Jerry  N9AVY

To: 070@... 
Sent: Saturday, January 25, 2014 8:42 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Antenna problem - fixed

Hi Jerry
What spots are you missing?
Maybe we can help each other out some more.
John KE4JB

On Sat, Jan 25, 2014 at 8:45 PM, David Rock <david@...> wrote:

That's great Jerry. Hope you can finish off the 24x7 next week. 

-- 
David, K9DWR

On Jan 25, 2014, at 16:28, Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

Looks like the sloper problem is fixed from last night.  Turns out the main run was resting on the snow on roof.  All I had to do was wade through a foot of crunchy snow and raise antenna wire a couple of inches.  Checked antenna SWR  and is now flat or something near it.

Guess the wire and/or dacron cord stretched out.  Anyways, looks like I'm back in business on 160/80/40m.

Jerry  N9AVY   #454

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.