Re: What the ???

stan W9SMR

Reminds me of W2OY..."No lids, no kids, no Space Cadets" Stan W9SMR

To: 070@yahoogroups.com
From: cq_dx_de_aa0aa@yahoo.com
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 23:10:02 -0500
Subject: Re: [070] What the ???

Is it possible that the operator is sending with a key and not a computer? This is possible on some radios that also decode digital signals directly. This would explain both slower speed and no macros.
73, Scott. AA0AA

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 8, 2013, at 20:35, Jerry <n9avy@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

Just saw a station on 20m calling CQ no macro operators CQ CQ de KA1___". I'll bet he doesn't get a lot of answers !

To me, this is not in spirit of ham radio. I think we should be happy with any contact macros or not. If I answered him without macros, I'll bet he'd bitch about my typing too slow !