Re: Annoying things on PSK

Dan Morris - KZ3T

Jim - Well, there is a way. fortunately my typing skills are above avg (approx 50 - 60 WPM) but what I do is I will hit my key and start typing away and answering anything the other person is asking. I do this while they are transmitting so when they get finished I have time to look over quickly and hit my transmit button when it's my turn. That way everyone will think you are a heck of a typist!! hihi

Dan Morris KZ3T 10-10# 41015
dbmorris315@gmail.com

On Mar 19, 2013, at 6:15 PM, Jim Innis <jinnis@swbell.net> wrote:

But I don't type fast enough.

Jim, K5SP

On 3/19/2013 5:04 PM, ljl2002@att.net wrote:

Craig,

They were probably paying more attention to QRZ.com than listening to
you. A lot of hams miss the opportunity for a pleasant exchange that
way. Macros have their place but I think you should at least carry on
a wee bit of a conversation.( with the correct name. of course)

73
Joe
KA1PPV #1482

From: Scott Monks <cq_dx_de_aa0aa@...>
Subject: Re: [070] Re: Annoying things on PSK
To: "070@...@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 10:39 AM

In this you are completely correct, Jerry (I like that double
positive!).
I have often participated in this type of even in that my answering a
station using my XE call prompts several others to try to work me
on the
original station's frequency. If they just moved up or down a little I
would see them and qsy! And for sure, contests are not "real life"!

It is curious that I haven't noticed this on cw or ssb, even in
contests,
but I do see it a lot in psk and rtty (which I just recently
learned to
operate); maybe because higher wattage often is used and offenders
are just
"swatted". I don't remember even seeing this mentioned in other than
digital groups.

73, Scott

________________________________
From: Scott Monks <cq_dx_de_aa0aa@...>
To: "070@...@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, March 19, 2013, 8:09 AM
In the resent contest I was "guilty" of this several times due in
part to
bad conditions. I would hear the same call repeated several times
but not
be sure who was holding the spot. It sometimes was the other
station by
mistake. I would then re-call the spotholder, who often answered.
Sure, I
could have waited and waited to be certain, but it was a contest!
Taking
things too seriously often leads to throwing stones too quickly.

Scott. XE1/AA0AA
Sent from my iPhone
On Mar 19, 2013, at 8:56, "Bill AB9QU" <ab9qu@...> wrote:
I have had stations call me after a QSO when it is not my spot.
I don't

answer them and move on
so the original person still has the spot.
Bill ab9qu