Re: Annoying things on PSK

Tim Richardson <groupsrichart@...>

I do find some things annoying on PSK from time to time, but for the
most part I tend to just make a note of them as an example of what I do
not want to do. There are a lot of different operators out there with
various levels of expertise. And what one operator is seeing on his
screen may be totally different that what I am seeing due to
propagation. So, I give the benefit of the doubt and try to be the best
operator that I can be.

First publish in 1928, I think 'The Amateur's Code' still has important
meaning today:

*The Radio Amateur is:*

*CONSIDERATE* never knowingly operating in such a way as to lessen the
pleasure of others.

*LOYAL* offering loyalty, encouragement and support to other amateurs,
local clubs and the American Radio Relay League, through which Amateur
Radio in the United States is represented nationally and internationally.

*PROGRESSIVE* with knowledge abreast of science, a well built and
efficient station, and operation beyond reproach.

*FRIENDLY* with slow and patient operation when requested, friendly
advice and counsel to the beginner, kindly assistance, co-operation and
consideration for the interests of others. These are the hallmarks of
the amateur spirit.

*BALANCED* Radio is an avocation, never interfering with duties owed to
family, job, school or community.

*PATRIOTIC* with station and skill always ready for service to country
and community