From: Jerry <n9avy@sbcglobal.net>
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, March 19, 2013 7:27 AM
Subject: Re: [070] Re: Annoying things on PSK

In a contest some things are forgivable.  But in daily operations they should be.

Case in point, I still need a bunch of N's for WTW...   so, I see a station with an N suffix calling CQ , I answer him only to be beat out by a station is Iceland.  That's okay because I'll call again.  They finish and then a certain VE2 call the TF station while I'm call the N station.  The N station disappeared and the VE2 & TF station monopolized the frequency.   I think it would have been appropriate had the TF station said "it's not my frequency " and moved off .   That would have been the gentlemanly way to do it.

Still getting a lot of folks jumping on frequency and calling CQ right on top of a QSO. It would help if these folks would LISTEN FIRST !    The excuse that they didn't hear anything doesn't wash.  Watching the waterfall for a few minutes will usually tell if a frequency is in use.

Think I'll start keep a list of offending stations.. sort of a "Do Not Call" list  ... or perhaps a version of the notorious "LID List"  (Yes, there really is one !).

Just my 2 cents worth ...

Jerry  N9AVY