Re: Annoying things on PSK

Jerry N9AVY

When that happens, I know full well both stations can hear me. With 3 elements at 40 feet,  I generally put out a decent 599 signal into Europe on 15 meters.  In fact I get calls from QRP guys who are barely above noise level, but I try to work them as best as possible.

I think it's a case of stations in Europe just not caring and having that "me first" attitude.  On the other hand, some of us were talking on local repeater yesterday about new hams not being properly trained in operating procedures and I think that may be the main cause.  Many would learn a lot be doing just a bit more listening for a while.

Jerry  N9AVY

--- On Thu, 3/14/13, ljl2002@att.net <joe_molon@yahoo.com> wrote:

Subject: Re: [070] Annoying things on PSK
To: "070@yahoogroups.com" <070@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, March 14, 2013, 7:38 AM

Jerry,

I've had that happen on a number of occasions and it is annoying but it also may be that the other station was completely unaware of you and decided just to fire up on that particular frequency.  However, there have been times that I am convinced that it was diliberate especially if it is DX. When that happens to me I just ignore what I just heard and continue the QSO as if nothing has happened.  Most of the time both of the stations can continue the QSO to finish despite the QRM.  It's kind of like being cutoff on the highway.  That happens to me every day!  It stinks but what can you do?

GL. 73

Joe

KA1PPV  #1482

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.