From: Dan Morris <dbmorris315@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [070] Eqsl
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, February 12, 2013, 2:39 PM

I have asked the author of N3FJP several times as well as other people and he says that eQSL does not want batch uploads or something similar to that. I'm not sure why since it is done by other programs.

Dan Morris KZ3T

dbmorris315@gmail.com

On Feb 12, 2013, at 2:43 PM, David Westbrook wrote:

You should contact the author of N3FJP and ask for a feature of batch
uploading so that you can select a bunch of qso's and it will loop through
the uploads for you.
DXKeeper does a nice job (pretty much push-button) of bulk uploads (of the
appropriate Q's) to LoTW, eQSL, and ClubLog, and also tracks QSL's from
lotw & eqsl. Also handles multiple calls/certs/QTH's, too.
You might also try the eqsl help desk/forums and ask for clarification --
they will probably be responsive.
--david
kj4izw
On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Jerry n9avy@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
**
Anyone noticed a change in Eqsl verification procedures ? Seems that
they now require you to go back and add time when you do verifications
manually. However, if you upload an ADIF file that won't happen. They are
worried (really ?) about people claiming cards they are not entitled to.
I usually just go back and verify those QSLs which come in via the web
site, but now I have that extra step of having to add the time before I can
verify the contact. This is a time waster for me and so I have chosen to
dump Eqsl.
If I upload an ADIF file, it will be my entire log because that is the way
my logging system works for me . I doubt that Eqsl wants to see me upload
18,000 + Q's every day ! My logging program is N3FJP and it only allows
the Q's to be uploaded one at a time to Eqsl whereas LoTW lets me upload
in batches from N3FJP. Daily, I upload about 30-40 Q's.
I have posted to my QRZ pages that I will not accept Eqsls any longer.
Only used Eqsl to verify contacts as a courtesy to others.