Re: Eqsl

David Westbrook

" It was more like upload by ADIF or go scratch."

Actually, the programmer in me absolutely agrees with that ... Everyone
(especially in the digi modes world!) should be using logging programs
(which then use standard mechanisms) to bulk upload & manage lotw/eqsl/etc.
It's much more robust and much more efficient for a win-win on both sides
of the transport. Moving lots of qso data around (for anything -- uploads,
qsls, contests, awards, etc) in custom/undefined/non-robust formats and/or
in manual ways is just not ideal -- that's exactly why ADIF was created.

"I tend to not want to fool with adding features to software and leave that
for guys like you who know what they're doing."

And that would be the author of your logger that isn't providing you with
enough functionality -- definitely let him know, or ask in a n3fjp group
how others deal with it ... From your description (i'm not familiar enough
with the logger itself), it sounds like the problem here isn't on the eqsl
side so much as it is on your logger side -- if the logger did the bulk
uploads for you (as opposed to manually uploading Q's individually), sounds
like you'd be all set.

73
--david
kj4izw

On Tue, Feb 12, 2013 at 3:00 PM, Jerry <n9avy@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

**

David :

Went right to one of the Eqsl board members and I didn't get an answer.
It was more like upload by ADIF or go scratch. Should have expected that
from him.

They're trying to make Eqsl "more secure". All they have to do is look at
what LoTW does to secure contacts from being bogus. Their idea about
filling in the "time of contact" is full of holes and won't stop anyone
from logging an "undeserved contact".

I tend to not want to fool with adding features to software and leave that
for guys like you who know what they're doing.

Jerry N9AVY