From: Carl Rimmer W8KRF <w8krf@...>
Subject: RE: [070] Re: PSKfest comments
To: 070@...
Date: Saturday, January 5, 2013, 7:37 PM

Are you all serious about this stuff. What the heck is a few seconds.

Maybe I am missing something, but I am going to continue to operate the way

I do. I use "de" and I enter the call a few times. Maybe what we need to

complain about the ops who send messed up exchanges like "599 in Alabama" or

"RST: 599 (c/r) QTH: OR" or "599 - Texas". That the stuff that gets me.

You have to go into the log and edit everything. Let's talk about a

standardized exchange like everybody sending in the same format like: "599

OH" instead of how they call another station. The way the conditions were

for me, I needed to have people send their calls and exchanges a few times.

That is my honest opinion. Oh, how about the stations who are splattering

all over the waterfall. I turned my RF gain down 50% and turned the ATT on

and still copied a few of them in several places.

EOD for me.

Carl W8KRF one of the Ding Dongs