From: Jerry
To: 070@...
Sent: Saturday, January 05, 2013 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [070] A slight VENT

I'd chalk this up to "over-enthusiasm" for contesting. At least they are participating in the contest albeit in a confused manner. These "newbies" need to be taken aside and have contesting explained to them. Perhaps an email might be best if you got the call wrong or just letting them find out the hard way when their logs get tossed for contacts which were not completed. In major contests this would happen if they submitted logs.

Most of newer hams fail in these things because they don't take the time to listen and understand how things work.

Jerry N9AVY