From: David Westbrook <dwestbrook@...>
Subject: Re: [070] Re: Need 1 one A for WTW
To: 070@...
Date: Friday, October 12, 2012, 9:32 AM

The other side of the argument is that the whole point of endorsements
program is to encourage activity ...  If letter-chasing prompts you to get
someone else active on the air, with a new call sign at that, then that's
exactly what we all want ...

And announce the spot here when the club call is on (with you or anyone
else as the op), and others will probably pick up that "A" as well ...

~~~~
fwiw, another way you could legitimately (I think) work yourself, is get
permission to borrow someone's station remotely (e.g. VNC/logmein/etc to
their computer) ... you then could work your home call on home station, and
in remote window (or a 2nd computer/laptop) control the remote station
using the club call.
    => I can offer my station to play with this idea ... email me offline
to sked

Arguably this is more "sketchy" than granting another op use of the club
call since it's the same op on both ends...  BUT, again, otoh, it's
prompting experimentation (remote control) and activity (club call from new
location -- which could be anywhere and not just home state!)... especially
if spotted here and you work others ...

~~~~

So, I (in my completely unofficial opinion) say go for it!   you're having
fun, trying new operating methods, and generating on-air PSK31 Q's.
Actually, for a challenge, I think you should try all of the methods in
this thread :)

Though WTW isn't a competition -- trying to (legitimately) have your two
calls work each other doesn't give anyone else a disadvantage.
And if you're still uncomfortable with it as possible "unfair advantage",
still do it for fun and just don't submit those Q's for WTW.

~~~~~

Any plans for the club call to join 070?   It can then double-up for LONP
credit, too :)

thanks
--david
KJ4IZW

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 7:48 PM, Jerry <n9avy@...> wrote:

**

I could do that, but I really feel it would be an unfair advantage.

Jerry n9avy

P.S. Serious suggestion: You could (as club station trustee) authorize
another member of that club to use the club call and then work HIM.

__