From: David Kjellquist <dave@kjellquist.com>
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Cc: Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, October 4, 2012 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: [070] ZL7

Mhz?? Khz also don't forget the XIT I use it to quickly dial in a
split and makes moving around the pileup easy.

On 10/4/2012 4:16 PM, Joseph Miller wrote:

I agree with Tom's analysis. Last spring during the SS. Pierre et
Miquelon DXPedition, the operator came back to me, and I only got to
see my call sign as the QRN ended literally seconds before turning to
me for my report. Luckily, the contact was completed, and I received
my confirmation.

And to expand on split operation, it can be done through the digital
software, although the plit is limited to about 1-2 MHz, or if can be
operated through the transceiver where you can do a much wider split
(RTTY is typically 3-5 MHz up).

73 es all the besy de Joe KJ8O 1244