Re: EY7AD on 14071.5

Jerry, et al,
Chapter 1 of the N6MG comments on QSL cards:
It's interesting how we stay interested in the things that our Elmer's were interested in. My Elmer was old Vince, W5KC. That's his original call, and the only call he ever had. Vince was a dx'r. That's all he ever did.
Until I became enlightened as to the digital modes at Field Day in 2007, dx'ing is also all that I did. I have 338 of the current 341 "entities" confirmed. Will I get the remaining few? I dunno, but I'm sure ready. Hi Hi.
I think my qsl card "returned & confirmed ratio" is much higher for cw contacts then followed by digital and ssb. QSL'ing is much different today than it used to be. Back in the day, so to speak, we would fill out a qsl card, enclose $1, fold everything in a piece of carbon paper and pay a whopping 30 cents 1st Class Int'l Air Mail stamp on it and let it fly. All cards to USSR had to go thru their bureau at Box 88, Moscow! A year later, (maybe) you got a card. There were many tricks to keep cards flushed out of the incoming bureau. Put forth a semi-serious effort in the CQWW CW, or the All Asian contests and a month later, get a shoe box full of cards. Maybe you had some other cards enclosed, maybe not.
Point: Yep, pilferage happened. On more than 1 occasion, UL7QF, Genna, told me that he's received my cards and the envelope had been opened. QSL cards, Holiday Greeting and Birthday cards included. It didn't matter. Now we QSL direct and the ratio of received vs sent is much higher.
I could go on and on about QSL'ing. It's an interesting facet of our hobby.
Chapter 2 will come someday. Hi Hi
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

Subject: Re: [070] EY7AD on 14071.5

Interesting site ?

https://sites.google.com/site/arpa7kk/qsl-matters-english

In 34 years I've lost a lot of "greenstamps" to pilferage.

Jerry n9avy