Re: Not too long to go!

Mike Flowers

Sic transit gloria WAMSSCL …

- 73 de Mike, <http://www.qrz.com/db/K6MKF> K6MKF, <http://www.qrz.com/db/W6NAG> W6NAG, VP <http://www.ncdxc.org/> NCDXC, <http://www.scdr.org/> Dachshund Rescue, <http://www.waiohuli.com/> Maui

From: 070@yahoogroups.com [mailto:070@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Milton Garb
Sent: Friday, June 29, 2012 7:54 AM
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [070] Not too long to go!

Joe, Mike and of course Ivor,
Well, without giving away too much information and maintaining the suspense, I have to say that "WAMSSCL" would be bigger.
Our new award, although not that big is very big! It's huge! And very "do-able".
Anybody can do it. All you need to do is to get on the air. You'll see.
Yep, when Delos gets his radio back and on the air, he'll chase this one like a bulldog chasing a cat!
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76
WOTMC Log Checker
"???" Boss

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@gmail.com <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> >
To: "070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com> " <070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com> >
Date: Friday, June 29, 2012, 12:29 AM

Let's see: 32,400 grid squares (of the CM97 variety), and 29.2% of the earth's surface is land, so 32,400 X .292 = 9,986.4 squares with land ... more or less.

-- Mike Flowers, K6MKF
From my iPhone4

On Jun 28, 2012, at 8:35 PM, "Milton Garb" <n6mg@verizon.net <mailto:n6mg%40verizon.net> <mailto:n6mg%40verizon.net> > wrote:

Guys,
Just out of curiosity, how many grid squares, over land, are there?
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76
WOTMC Log Checker
"???" Boss

From: ivor peters <m5ply@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:m5ply%40blueyonder.co.uk> <mailto:m5ply%40blueyonder.co.uk> >
Subject: [070] not long to go
To: 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, June 28, 2012, 12:20 PM

m5ply@blueyonder.co.uk <mailto:m5ply%40blueyonder.co.uk> <mailto:m5ply%40blueyonder.co.uk>
hi pskers.
not long for the Biiiiiig one now.
will the u.k and Europe know first????
I say this because of the time differents.
it will be midnight here, but not in the u.s.a.
so will members how live in this part of the
world, get emails of the Biiig event hi hi.
tongue in cheek. 73 ivor m5ply 0292.