Re: Just how big is big?

Keli Marie, my Border Collie came up with the same answer as David!
She went back to sleep and is now dreaming about fractal geometry.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

On 06/17/12, David Westbrook<dwestbrook@gmail.com> wrote:

close :) it's 26*26*26 + 26*26 + 26 = 18,278 ...

doing 26x27x27 counts the 1-letters too many times ... e.g. first slot is
"A", second slot is blank, then the third slot doesn't matter, but 26x27x27
gives it 26 possibilities. (note the difference is 18954-18278 = 676 =
26*26)

--david
KJ4IZW

On Sun, Jun 17, 2012 at 11:22 PM, Joseph Miller <radiodxer2000@yahoo.com>wrote:

**

Hi Barry,

By my math, 26 X 27 X 27 = 18,954 combinations of 1, 2 and 3 lettered
suffixes.

That's big!

73 de Joe