Re: QRV

Dan,
I've done that before too, down in 5 land.
Thought about it and what do ya know! A fire dept truck was cruising around. I waved at them, and 2 guys came to help.
Go look in the parking lot of a grocery store for a fire truck...or at Starbucks for a policeman to pull on the string?
Watch out for snakes! They're different back there. Copperheads, etc.
Milt.

----- Original Message -----
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 8:11 AM
Subject: Re: [070] QRV

Good idea Charlie, will be nice and clear and no confusion from those who don't know what the contest is.

Look for you there!
Dan
N6ERD

Shot a line over my 140' tree but can't find the projectile in the jungle (even though it has fishing line on it) - need a second person to pull the line so I can hear it move as I wander around back there...

Perfect shot, right over the crown - sad I won't be able to use it for the contest :b

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2012 11:03 AM
Subject: [070] QRV

Greetings all,

I've installed MiXW on a "new" PC, calibrated the soundcard, worked a guy in Germany, updated my icons so I know who y'all are, raised the Zepp up a little, reinstalled the homebrew 10/12/15 meter vertical - all that's left is to load the TDW macros.

And go get some Tanqueray...

Since it's just "us" in this contest, I was thinking of hanging out on 7.070 and not QRMing 7.035 when not looking for DX members on 40.

See all y'all soon. Vy 73,

Charlie, K8IJ

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.