Re: Discussion Topic: What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

Mike,
You made me smile. It's not so much the "stir" that would have an effect on the dxpedition. It's the donations that would be affected. The upcoming Heard Island dxpedition in 2013 is going to cost close to $400,000 sheckles.
I've also brought up the subject at the Southern California DX Club meetings.
I find it amazing at all the heavy duty cw-ssb-rtty guys that show up on psk63 to work a dxpedition. What I'm preaching to them is to turn OFF their Alpha 77sx amps that they feed rf into their giant Steppir Yagi's with.
Milt.
N6MG
070-650
LONP #76

----- Original Message -----
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 8:27 AM
Subject: RE: [070] Discussion Topic: What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

I’m also a member of the Northern California DX Club and PSK31 gets discussed from time to time. I wonder what kind of stir a PSK31-exclusive DXpedition to a rare one would cause? ;>)

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

From: 070@yahoogroups.com [mailto:070@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of M. Schiefelbein
Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 8:19 AM
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Subject: RE: [070] Discussion Topic: What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

The somewhat unusual thing is that although I chase DX on anything from CW to JT65, those two entities I've worked ONLY on PSK31. :-)

On a related note, I've never understood why more DXpeditions don't try PSK63 - it's at least as fast as RTTY (I'm pretty sure faster), but much more robust for weak signals on both ends.

--mark/K0ABC

--- On Fri, 5/18/12, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@gmail.com <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> > wrote:

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@gmail.com <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> >
To: 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>
Date: Friday, May 18, 2012, 10:14 AM

These are truly rare ones, Mark!!

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

From: 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com> [mailto:070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com> ] On Behalf Of M. Schiefelbein

Sent: Friday, May 18, 2012 8:11 AM

To: 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

Subject: Re: [070] Discussion Topic: What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

Nice catch!! The occasional times I could hear Trevor on any mode here he was always swamped with a pileup.

For me it's probably either 3D20CR (Conway Reef), which started messing around with PSK a little on their last few days, or H40FK (Temotu).

But I haven't been at this nearly as long as some folks, so I imagine there have been some really rare ones on in years past.

--mark/K0ABC

--- On Fri, 5/18/12, Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@gmail.com <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> > wrote:

From: Mike Flowers <mike.flowers@gmail.com <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> <mailto:mike.flowers%40gmail.com> >

Subject: [070] Discussion Topic: What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

To: 070@yahoogroups.com <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com> <mailto:070%40yahoogroups.com>

Date: Friday, May 18, 2012, 9:40 AM

Hi Gang,

For me, it's got to be AX/VK0TH, Trevor, on Macquarie Island. I had my

tower and beam down at the time, and worked him with 20W on 20M with a

sloping dipole. I just got his card back from the ARRL card checker and

thought I'd toss this question out there.

What's your rarest confirmed PSK31 DX contact?

- 73 de Mike, K6MKF

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Join main@070Club.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.