Re: Tips on how to work DX from a DX station

Jim K5SP

Wish I had said that!

I spent a year on Diego Garcia, operating as WB6EWH/VQ9, and have been on the
other end of DX pileups. Occasionally I would get so frustrated that I would
just walk away from the rig.

One time, because the roar of callsigns coming out of the speaker (I could not
determine a single callsign), I got up, went and got a cup of coffee, came back
to the rig, and the roar was still going. Repeated requests on how to speed up
the contact rate were ignored. There were some hams in the U.S. that I just
would not work because of their rude, aggressive behavior.

What was neat for me was an afternoon get-together of stations in Pago-Pago,
Diego Garcia, Guam, Northwest Cape, and occasionally some other rare dx for a
rag chew net among us.

Please be courteous, listen to the dx station, and follow HIS rules. Unless you
have been on the other end, you have no concept of how difficult it is to work
pileups when no one listens to your requests.

Just my .02

Jim, K5SP