Re: APE Antenna Questions

W7RIV

I'm most familiar with 20m and 40m, I'm looking to extend my operating
bands to 80m and 160m but that doesn't necessarily mean I'll be doing that
for APE. But all this information will help me with that. 30m would be
good, but I hardly find anyone to talk with on there.

This exact moment I'm limited to 10watts, however by August I hope to have
a 100watt K3 (at least that is the plan). Performance, that is relative...I
want to make contacts. So whatever performance I need for that. <smiles>

- -
73 de Bryon/W7RIV
http://www.w7riv.com

On Mon, Jan 16, 2012 at 2:12 PM, Lee A. Ratcliff <lratcliff@isp.com> wrote:

**

What bands are you looking at working, how much power, and what kind of
performance are you looking for? On the simple end is a 1/4 wavelength
wire
with an equal counterpoise, to a standard dipole for the band you want to
work. If you are wanting to work several bands, I would recommend a
Windom.
To me, simple is better. You would be surprised what you can do with a
resonate dipole.

Lee
KC4ART