From: "Stephen J. Melachrinos" <w3hf@arrl.net>
To: <070@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 27, 2002 3:17 PM
Subject: [070] (Fwd) Re: IOTA Question

Here's the formal ruling from "Mr IOTA" himself. As we had
expected, none of our islands require any special validation.

Note that Roger also mentioned the IOTA rule that lets the operator
activating the island to count that island in his own IOTA totals.

Bernie--If Melonie operated under your call, you can't count any
island contacts she made in your total.

Finally, as expected, Roger pointed out the difference between
Duck Island (which counts) and Duck on Nags Head (which
doesn't).