Re: IOTA & the Outer Banks

Steve W3HF

Bernie -

The 11th edition specifically lists Vashon as part of NA-065,
Washington State North.

I think this edition has changed the way groups are defined.
Virtually all groups list ALL islands that qualify, rather than using
descriptions (like everything west of XXXX).

If you want, I can send you a scan of the page that includes it,
page 64 of the 11th edition.

Steve

Hey Steve,

While you've got your IOTA directory out, would you mind looking up
Vashon
Island, WA.

I have heard from some of the folks that it is an IOTA, but N3DQU
and
myself reaserched it and the best we could tell it does not qualify,
because it lies South of the southern most coordinate allowed for
Puget Sound.

I emailed one of the IOTA fellers, but haven't heard anything back
yet.

Thanks & 73,
Bernie / KF4FHS

---------------------~--> 4 DVDs Free +s&p Join Now
http://us.click.yahoo.com/pt6YBB/NXiEAA/mG3HAA/RUTolB/TM
->

THE FOLLOWING APE STATIONS ARE SCHEDULED TO BE ON THE AIR:
-- KF4FHS/KD7ORS, 2-4 AUGUST, VASHON IS, WA (USI WA060S), 30-10M
CONTACT INFO: KF4FHS CBA OR KF4FHS@YWAVE.COM.
-- W3HF/QRP, 10-17 AUGUST, BOGUE BANKS IS, NC (IOTA NA-112), 20-10M
CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET. -- NN6DG, 16-18 AUGUST,
ANACAPA IS, CA (CHANNEL ISLANDS GROUP, IOTA NA-144, USI CA-002S, WLH
LH-1300, VENTURA COUNTY), 20-10M CONTACT INFO: NN6DG CBA OR
NN6DG@WUMPUS.NET. -- W3HF, 19-21 AUGUST, LADY LAKE, FL (LAKE COUNTY,
GRID EL98) CONTACT INFO: W3HF CBA OR W3HF@ARRL.NET. -- AA8QQ, 17-23
AUGUST, OUTER BANKS, NC; CONTACT INFO: AA8QQ CBA OR AA8QQ
JMAUCH@AOL.COM. -- K8IJ, 23-25 AUGUST, ESTERO IS, FL (NA-069, USI
FL035S, LEE COUNTY), 20M; CONTACT INFO: K8IJ CBA OR
CCTRICE@BELLSOUTH.NET. -- N3MK, 23-31 AUGUST, BWCA (BOUNDARY WATERS
CANOE AREA IN N. MINNESOTA), 20M, OTHER BANDS POSSIBLE; FOR MORE INFO
SEE WWW.N3MK.COM; CONTACT INFO: N3MK CBA OR DSNIDER@RHRS.COM.

Check out the 070 Club website at
< http://hometown.aol.com/n3dqu/podxs070.htm
> for the latest information on 070 Club