Re: Your thoughts...

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Charlie & All,

I'm all for a Grid square program and contest.

Looks like there is a good discussion going, so I will throw in my
thoughts.

The 070 Club, is the only one I know of, that has such a diverse offering
of programs, to try and generate activity on the air, and spark the interest
of it's members. Some people like to chase IOTA's, some chase DX, some are
more interested in working States, and I'm sure the addition of a Grid
Square program, will enhance the enjoyment of our hobby even more. Everyone
enjoys something different, and the 070 club has been instrumental in
setting up it's programs with the interests of the members in mind.

As far as there being too many contest, I have an opinion on that too ( of
course).

Everyone is not going to be able to enter every contest, life just won't
permit it. If we only had a couple of contests a year, and you either had to
work, or go visit grandma or whatever, during one of them, you would have
to wait a whole year to get to play in one, but if there are several, more
people would have a chance to join in on the fun.

Charlie has graciously offered his time and effort, to head up this new
endeavor. I believe we should all give him a pat on the back, and a big
Thank You for his contribution to the club. There is a lot more time and
work involved in running a program or contest, than most people realize.

BTW: I've never chased a Grid Square in my life, but I'm looking forward to
the opportunity :-)

73, Bernie / KF4FHS