Re: clarification

Mike Besemer \(WM4B\) <mwbesemer@...>

Dan,

From 47CFR Part 97.5:

§ 97.5 Station license required.

(b) The types of station license grants are:

(1) An operator/primary station license grant. One, but only one, operator/
primary station license grant may be held by any one person. The primary
station license is granted together with the amateur operator license.
Except
for a representative of a foreign government, any person who qualifies by
examination is eligible to apply for an operator/primary station license
grant.

I know... that was WAY to much information, but I happened to have it handy.

73,

Mike
WM4B

From: 070@yahoogroups.com [mailto:070@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Daniel
Severance
Sent: Friday, February 12, 2010 5:14 PM
To: 070 Club
Subject: [070] clarification

I never remember the 070 club website from various computers I use so I
google 070 club.
One page I opened was callsign rules - I decided to read through it but I
kept seeing this statement:

"Only contacts made by you (as the control op) operating a station licensed
to you count towards your 070 awards."

Now, I certainly get the made by me part, and the control op part - but I
didn't know I had any station licensed to me. I have equipment I own and
antennas but as far as I know I've never received any license for a station
- is this just an obtuse way of saying "using a station that you own" or is
there some way that when I travel to Belize (or wherever) and rent the
station there that there is an implied license of the station, or again does
it simply mean I can count contacts there if I bring my own radio and
antennas?

Thanks,
Dan
N6ERD/1