40 Meter Sprint

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Everybody,

First, I would like to Thank everyone who came out and played in the first
ever 40m PSK Firecracker Sprint.

I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as I did. Here in the Pacafic
Northwest, 40 meters was more active than 20, while the sprint was going on.
Maybe this will help to get more activity on bands, other than just 20
meters.

After all was said and done, I think using the Local time scheme was the
only way to go, and from the feedback that I've received from others, I
think everyone agrees.
Thanks goes out to Jay / N3DQU for that brilliant idea. Man, what would we
do without you !

I realize that the Sprint was sprung on you with a very short notice, and
I apologize for that, but there was growing interest in getting something
going, and this was the best time that we could find to do it. The Sprint
went from an idea to reality in about 3 hours very early, Thursday morning.
N3DQU and myself setup this thing while talking on IM, and my XYL, Melonie /
KD7ORS made the webpage as we worked things out. And I'd like to say a
special Thanks to her for all the work she has done, and for putting up with
me.

Soooo, I guess given the short notice and preparation time everyone had, we
can still say it was a success.

For anyone who doesn't already know, the results are being posted as I
receive them, at:

http://www.angelfire.com/folk/leonards/40mresults.html

Thanks again to everyone who participated in the Sprint.

73, Bernie / KF4FHS