From: N3DQU@aol.com
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2002 8:42 AM
Subject: Re: [070] Re: 40 & 80m

In a message dated 7/5/2002 10:36:34 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wb0dul@arrl.net writes:

> I agree with you on the short notice for the contest. I'm a little confused
> as to why it has to be this weekend unless they want it to tie in with the
> holiday, thus the name "Firecracker Sprint."

Actually, the reason why we picked this weekend is because it one of the
few weekends in July without any major contests going on. The 13-14 is the
IARU HF Championship, the 20-21 is the NA RTTY QSO Party, the 27-28 is the
Russian RTTY WW Contest and RSGB IOTA Contest...If you guys want, we can put
the sprint on the backburner til a later date...Jay N3DQU

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Check out the 070 Club website at