From: N3DQU@aol.com
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2002 11:36 PM
Subject: Re: [070] 40 Meter Sprint update

In a message dated 7/5/2002 1:30:44 AM Eastern Daylight Time, wb0dul@arrl.net
writes:

> Local time? Everybody will be on at a different time. How about UTC? We
> all understand that.
>
> 73,
>
> Dick

Well, the problem with a low band sprint is that 40m will be good for only
part of the world, while the rest will be fighting the sun and fading f
layers. But if we do the sprint using local times instead, then 40m will be
good for everybody. No, you wont be able to work everybody in the contest,
but at least everyone will have more or less the same band to play on. I
think it will work out ok...Jay N3DQU

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Check out the 070 Club website at