Re: 40 & 80m

Peter Baskind <pbaskind@...>

It's not just 40 & 80 that I wonder about...

I have been shocked how little activity there has been on 10 meters this
Summer. With the E-skip season in full swing (such as it is -- pretty poor
this year, actually), one wonders why there isn't more activity up there.

I'll get onto 10 whenever it's open and run a CQ or two, and almost never
get any response. Many of the states workable on 10 during the E-skip
season are hard indeed during the balance of the year -- especially QRP, as
I operate (It's pretty tough to work backscatter off an attic dipole @ 5w)
Boy, I would love to work KY, IN, or GA on 10m QRP -- still lookin'.

And 6m? I have never heard a signal on 6. Maybe I'm not looking at the
right time.

Oh, well... still several weeks left in the Season. Maybe I'll get lucky.

73s all,

Peter Baskind
AG4KI

Peter Baskind, J.D., LL.M.