Re: FD Success stories??

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Jay and All,

I used a TS-430s that I powered with a deepcycle marine battery and used a
pent. 120 laptop with a garden tractor battery. I was really surprised that
the laptop drained the tractor battery as much as it did, even with all the
power saving stuff turned on, I don't think it would have went much farther.

I flung a 40 meter dipole up in the trees, and no Jay, I didn't use an
htx-202 for a counter weight, you're the only feller that I know who would
confess to that :-)

Our contesting, to say the least was very laid back, the xyl got hooked on
PSK and is now waiting on the next test session so she can upgrade to
General, and we got the two friends we stayed with hooked on Ham radio in
general and now they are both syudying for their Tech license, so I guess
you could say it was a success.

73, Bernie / KF4FHS

With APE coming just over the horizon, would like to hear what kind of
power setup the battery heads used last weekend, both for the rig and the
laptop...Jay N3DQU.