From: Andy [mailto:ve9dx@rac.ca]
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 8:41 PM
To: 070@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [070] Well FD had come and gone...

Played around with LP and a vertical.
Had exchanges with well over 200 PSK stations.
There was something that I noticed. It was a bit
alarming to say
the least.
Many times (yes many) I had more than one station
calling me and in
the pile there would be stations calling that
would not only send
there call but the exchange also. This is all
well and good but I
feel one should be sure they are the station that
was going to be
worked before sending the report. Interesting
enough just as they
would finish the report the others would start
calling again. Many
times I would see a report going by and only part
of a call or no
call at all.
Especially during FD (As it it a time of show and
tell with many
looking over your shoulders and we are all trying
to promote) It
might pay to be sure you are the one who is going
to be the next
contact before sending the report.
This was very obvious on PSK 31. I did not notice
this happen on
CW, SSB, RTTY or MT63 this weekend.
Maybe I was looking around the wrong area but I
did not hear any
PSK on 80, worked about 30 on 40 and the rest on
20, 15 and 10.

To all that I did work... Many thanks for being
there... Regards...
73 Andy (VE9DX)

Ex: VE1ASJ, VE1DX, VE1SPI, VE8CW, VO2AB, CI8CW,
CY0SPI, HP9FC, ZD9BP
etc...
Home page: http://www.ve9dx.com
Online Logs: http://www.ve9dx.com/logs.html
Telnet links: http://www.ve9dx.com/telnet/sites.html
(with links to over 200 Open DXclusters)
VE9DX Online logs:
http://www.ve9dx.com/ve9dx2k/ve9dx2k.html
Email: ve9dx@rac.ca

Free $5 Love Reading