Re: Jim's GAZETTE Newsletter #124----re: the re;

ebruchac@...

     I agree,pretty much with Jim's reasoning,and with Bernie's observation about the antennas.When I make a European contact,on 5 watts,it is very satisfying,but it's a product of the other station having a good antenna system.
Yeah, I'm a little redneck baby in the woods, when it comes to contesting,and,other than Field day,my only contests have been those sponsored here....

     I don't think we need to rationalize why we work psk.Like other modes,it has its' attractions.For me,it's a more laid back approach to making qsos,and because I enjoy qrp,it's ideal for my setup.Also,I have had my most satisfying qsos on PSK.I think it's the mindset,that we develop,while  reading the other station--we tend to become more attentive to what is being said...

     I'm in agreement that the automation tends to over -ride the awareness of what is actually happening,during a psk qso.
     Don't know about the IROC analogy though....I can actually watch PSK for more than 5 minutes without falling asleep......
     Thanks for an interesting thread,and will look for y'all this wekend.
Ed N4ZUM