Re: Jim's GAZETTE Newsletter #124

Bernie <kf4fhs@...>

Hey Jay and All,

  I think Jim's thoughts are pretty accurate.

  In my opinion, and we all know what opinions are like, the mega-buck, mega-watt stations don't have much of an advantage over the plain ole, run of the mill rig, in a PSK contest, except for one thing, all these fellers who spend more money on their amplifiers, than I make in a year, have extraordinarily good antennas. I think the antenna along with LOTS of persistence are the keys to getting a good score in a PSK contest. Besides, it sure is more satisfing to work someone halfway around the world on 25 watts, rather than a killerwatt.

       73, Bernie / KF4FHS

   So what do  you guys think abt Jim's analogy? Do you think that PSK levels the playing field for all as he suggests? Can we say that PSK is the IROC of ham radio, or are we still just babes in the woods who have yet to learn the ins and outs of contesting? Ur comments greatly appreciated...Jay N3DQU.