APE Announcement

Steve W3HF

Once again, our family will be heading to North Carolina for an
August vacation on the beach, and I will bring my PSK station with
us. Last year's operation was marginal--I only had 20m available,
and I had to miss three or four days out of the week due to a
business trip. I hope that this year turns out better. Expedition details
follow.

Destination:

Pine Knoll Shores, North Carolina
Carteret County
IOTA NA-112 (Bogue Banks Island)
Grid Square FM14
(There is a US Islands designation I can look up if anyone needs it.)

Dates:

10-17 August 2002 (but probably VERY late UTC on the 10th, if at
all)

Bands:

20-10m (including WARC, I hope) using a multiband dipole. 40m is
a possibility if I can get a longwire strung up.

Rig:

Yaesu FT-817 (yes, still QRP even on a trip)

Members:

W3HF and eight-year-old harmonic Matthew. (Matthew may be a
guest operator at times. If he is on the air for a QSO, please
welcome him.)

Contact Info:

W3HF CBA or w3hf@arrl.net

Note that I probably won't have internet access while on the trip.
There is a phone at the beach house--if anyone really wants it, I can
provide it in advance.

QSL Route:

via W3HF (direct, bureau, or eQSL)

Special Note:

I will send a special QSL to the 070 member who contacts me on the
most bands during this trip.

If there are any other questions, please contact me.