From: Jeff Baker
To: 070@...
Sent: Saturday, April 27, 2002 8:21 AM
Subject: RE: [070] HF antenna

I have thought about them myself but anytime I have mentioned it to the old timers and some of my elmers they just cringed.  I am using a homebrew inverted vee dipole fed with ladder line.  I wonder how one of the verticals would compare??  I know my dipole is cheaper.  Force 12 has some verticals out as well.  Take a look at their site. I have also been looking at the Cushcraft MA5B mini beam as well but they all cringe at that too. J  We can’t all have 100 ft towers and tri-banders….

Jeff Baker WU4O

   Check out the 070 Club website at