Unfortunately... Ludek has right...

Zoltan Bordas <borzol@...>

Ludik's pictures appear to be taken off the screen of DigiPan, or a very
similar program. I have used DigiPan since the very beginning, and yes,
turning down the gain (waterfall drive), will take the red out, but it
WILL
NOT narrow a signal that is being overdriven by the sender. If more
operators
would read the manuals or information that comes with their programs, and
if
they heed what they read, we would not see such WIDE BAND signals on PSK.
simple look at the ALC meter, or perhaps a response to someone suggesting
they turn down the audio from the computer, would eliminate these crummy
signals. I give Ludik a four star rating for his efforts to bring this
problem to the forefront. best 73 to all from
KA3X, Jay (070 club)
... and agree 100% with Jay...

I attach 3 snapshots taken yesterday evening:
1. a normal input level setup
2. a strongly overdriven input
3. a more higher signal at the input of the soundcard

It is noticeable that the spectrum in the waterfall is NOT the same as
Ludek's snapshot. My input is clearly overdriven, but other signals are
readable, and Ludek's signal is very wide destroying the whole band and
superimposing on other signals making the copy impossible. You cannot make
any further improvement to work near such a "trace". I see many times
signals like that, and yes, a little more knowledge about the theory of this
mode and more attention can make life much pleasant...

73 de Zoli / YO5CRQ