N3DQU/P

N3DQU@...

Yep, 'tis true! I was indeed portable from Cape Henlopen State Park in
Delaware for the Rumble. Despite the sketchy props, I managed to make 47 Q's
over 40, 20, 15 and 10 before the laptop battery decided to shut me down an
hour before the contest was done. Setup was a Kenwood TS50S running 50w to a
Hustler 5btv jammed in the sand and a Toshiba 233mhz laptop. Ran the Knwd off
a deep cycle battery and the laptop off a lawnmower battery. So while the
props were not exactly what you would call "contest friendly", I know I
helped at least one dood out there towards his WAS, so in that respect the
expedition was a success. Anybody out there need a QSL fm Delaware, will be
most happy to oblige. Btw, I have already started makiing offerings to the
prop gods for the TDW, so I don't think we will have the kind of problems we
saw with the Rumble hi...73 de Jay N3DQU.