From: <radioguy@wmis.net>
To: <070@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 6:20 AM
Subject: [070] Velocity factor

When performing all those enhancements with coax and fittings, don't
forget to avoid sharp turns in the coax. I had a sharp turn where the
coax leaves the house, and finally noticed a small hole on the outside of
the bend. I guess with that near-speed-of-light RF velocity, some of the
RF could not make the turn at that speed and exited the coax right into
the basement air. That could explain my poor showing in the last contest.

Ken KF8OR
Email sent using WMIS Internet (http://www.wmis.net/)
Premium Internet Services

Check out the 070 Club website at