From: "Tom" <tomias@earthlink.net>
To: <070@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Friday, April 05, 2002 9:55 AM
Subject: Re: [070] Raising the "F" layer?

Hi Bernie,

One important enhancement that has been neglected. Examine your coax to
determine the design characteristics. Should the lettering on the coax
read from the radio to the direction of the antenna, then it is of the
transmitting variety .... lettering reading from the antenna down to the
radio would be the receiving variety ..
although you may use one cable for both functions ... much better to use
one
of each design in parallel to optomize both your transmit and receive
capabilites. There is a down side to this ... It is harder to twist
cables in parallel... you may need a surplus prop pitch motor!

Tom, k3psk