From: "Stephen J. Melachrinos" <w3hf@arrl.net>
To: <070@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 5:56 PM
Subject: Re: [070] Re: PSK DX

Bernie -

Thanks. I knew you guys would come through for me. I can't wait to
try this out!

Gosh, I'll practically be QRO with all of eight watts!

P.S. It seems to me that in this configuration, the "splitter" is
acting more like a "sucker," sucking out the PSK-20's three watts
and pulling it along as the 817 pushes its own five watts through.
So I think we should call this the Sucker Circuit.

Steve,

You've got to use a splitter.

You put the splitter on the antenna connector of your PSK-20.
Connect the
Anetnna connector from your FT-817 to one side of the splitter and the
other side of the splitter to your antenna. When the 5 watts from your
FT-817 goes thru the PSK-20, it will take the 3 watts out with it
also. And everybody knows 5 + 3 = 8.
I figgered that all out by myself.

73, Bernie / KF4FHS