From: "melachri" <w3hf@arrl.net>
To: <070@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Monday, April 01, 2002 12:18 PM
Subject: [070] Re: PSK DX

--- In 070@y..., "Bernie" <kf4fhs@h...> wrote:
I've got three, 1kw amps I could let you have, Jay. Maybe you could
hook 'em
up in series :-)

73, Bernie / KF4FHS
Bernie -

When you hook up amps in series, do they add like resistors (1 + 1 +
1 = 3) or capacitors (1 + 1 + 1 "=" 0.577)? I forget the rule.

I need to know, so that I can figure out how I should hook up my
three-watt PSK-20 and my five-watt FT-817 to get eight watts out.

Check out the 070 Club website at