PSK DX

Duncan <zl3jt@...>

de Jungle Telegraph
I had a ZB2/PA3ENH/P lined up on 20M....It's only 20000Kms!
Bert was telling everybody who called him, that he had a pile of stations trying
to call him, but a lot of 'operators' will insist on using set macros... telling
the whole world how fast their computer is, how much ram it's got, and they're blessed
with a soundblaster 16 bit soundcard, and the WX is cold, and so on and so on!
This a lousy operating, lousy selfish operating! I hope none of the 070 group do
this? I hope we aren't blessed with this crap during the rumble? People are being
put off with rubbish from other's computers...and combined with lousy transmissions
as well...
For the sake of sanity, be brief, don't tell to DX anything other than a signal report,
your name, and QTH. ONLY send information pertaining to the situation. If the other
guy types tks 73s and QRZ? Don't continue the QSO!!!!
If you want to rag chew, that's fine, but don't attempt to do it with some one who's
busy with a pile up! I might be trying to work it, Right?
If I am calling Africa and the Indian Ocean, it means that I want to work stations
in that area...not Europe, not USA, not Australia, or Japan!
The reason I do it is because I have a very short opportunity on the long path to
work that area of the world! It is very difficult from ZL and that's a fact!
If a USA station is calling for Central Asia...I don't call him...Simple isn't it?
How many USA stations have worked YA5T? Practically none on some bands!
The band was literally swamped around 0430Z today by one station...running 150 watts
he typed..with a 6 el Yagi...ruined everybody elses chances on the band...Why? I
can work W3HF, Steve has 2 watts and an indoor dipole. I run 40 watts to Africa,
long path 30000Kms...I did it tonight twice.... I'm preaching to the wrong group,
I'm sorry!
BTW 14.070 will get worse my friends...just like 20M SSB..I have seen pictures of
a 37KW amplifier that is being used in Italy, and a 20KW one in Japan....just for
contesting of course (sic)...How many more of these are there?
73s Duncan